Brussels/Belgium, February 2019 – The third edition of the European GeoInformation Symposium and Exposition on S.M.A.R.T. GeoInfoSupport – Now and Tomorrow will be held on 26-27 February 2019 at the NHow Berlin, Germany. The event will be held under the patronage of Dr. Peter Tauber, Parliamentary State Secretary of the German Ministry of Defence and with the significant participation of the Bundeswehr GeoInformation Service (BGIS).
Technical and political developments, the increased number of international deployments and adequate orientation of the Armed Forces as well as the spatial-temporal variability of geospatial factors are highly dynamic framework conditions, requiring a form of GeoInfo support that allows for the coverage of the emerging demand in a S.M.A.R.T. manner. Featured speakers:
– Major General Erich Staudacher, DEU AF (Ret.), General Manager, AFCEA Europe
– Dr. Peter Tauber, Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Defence, Germany
– Lieutenant General Ludwig Leinhos, DEU AF, Chief of German Cyber and Information Domain, Germany
– Dr. John Zangardi, Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security, USA
– Mr. David Gauthier, Director of Commercial and Business Operations, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, USA
– Brigadier General Roland Brunner, DEU AR, Commander, Bundeswehr Geoinformation Centre and Director Bundeswehr Geoinformation Service, Germany
– Brigadier General Lars-Olof Corneliusson, Director of Intelligence Directorate, European Union Military Staff (EUMS), Belgium
– Brigadier General Dr. Friedrich Teichmann, AUT AR, Director of Geospatial Institute, Austrian Armed Forces, Austria
– Mr. Tomaž Petek, Chair of United Nations Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management: Europe (UN-GGIM), Belgium
– Mr. John Buttimer, Staff Officer, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, USA
– Colonel Bruno Chable, Head of Geography, Command for Joint Operations, Office for Geography, Hydrography, Oceanography, and Meteorology, French Armed Forces, France
– Professor Dr. Konrad Schindler, Professor of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Institute of Geodesy and Photogrammetry, ETH Zürich, Switzerland (invited)
– Lieutenant-Colonel Ronald Bier, Geo Information Officer, Ministry of Defence, The Netherlands
-Dr. Thomas Beer, Copernicus Policy Coordinator, European Space Agency (ESA), Italy
Panel Session: Survey and Collection of GeoInformation
– Setting the scene and Chair: Mr. JOHN BUTTIMER, International Foundation Program Lead, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, USA
Panel Session: Processing and Management of GeoInformation
– Setting the scene and Chair: Mr. JÜRGEN SCHOMAKERS, Managing Director, Esri Deutschland GmbH, Germany
Panel Session: Utilisation/Visualisation of S.M.A.R.T. GeoInformation in Modern Armed Forces
– Setting the scene and Chair: Brigadier General Dr. FRIEDRICH TEICHMANN, AUT AR, Director of Geospatial Institute, Austrian Armed Forces, Austria
As the theme „S.M.A.R.T. GeoInfoSupport – Now and Tomorrow“ is not limited to a military involvement alone and compromises a much broader spectrum of governmental responsibilities as well as of international cooperation we are in the favorite position to be supported by a broad spectrum of governmental and research entities as well as international organizations. AFCEA Europe, Brussels/Belgium – an extension of the AFCEA International Faifax, Virginia/USA– is a not-for-profit organisation that connects professionals globally through the ethical exchange of ideas and solutions on cutting-edge technology.
AFCEA Europe develops networking opportunities for its 3,540 members (237 corporates) belonging to 42 chapters in 21 different countries.